• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Doe/Antlerless hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmww

70 Cal.
Reaction score
I got two tags this year. I was trying to get my daughter connected with her first deer. A small antlerless whitetail came in and she fired with her .50 RB. The deer jumped and kicked it's legs back as if it was hit. It ran 75 yards, stopped and turned back. It started licking its side as if injured. We watched for several minutes and it came back in. It was getting dark and both of us with binoculars could not tell if it was hit or not.

Not wanting to leave a wounded deer I had the only loaded gun and shot it with my .62. It kicked it's rear legs again and took off. We found it 75 yards away with only my .62 hole. :shocked2: My German short hair is bigger than this one. :cursing:

IMG_8008.jpg

Well a day later my daughter was pretty frustrated and asked me to take this doe that came in. Another .62 shot and this jumped about three feet in the air, ran, and jumped a fence into some heavy cover in a gully. I walked the gully back and forth with a flashlight and had just about given up.

My daughter found it in the brush. It had tried to go uphill after going into the gully. Thank goodness for her eyesight. It turned out to be a bigger doe for this area.

IMG_8029.jpg

Well good, you shared a great time with your daughter and brought home the venision. :thumbsup: She'll get hers next year, no worrys.

Congrats on filling your tags, and you got to make some great memories with your daughter which is priceless. There is always next year for her turn to fill the freezer.

Congrats on a great hunt!

And just wait till that yearling hits the table. You'll be sorry you didn't shoot two. We have multi-deer limits here, and I'll take two yearlings for one larger deer, buck or doe, any day of the week. I'll usually start out looking for a yearling or two, and only get around to hunting horns later in the hunt.

I wouldn't get too worked up on the size of the first deer. After all, you had your daughter with you, and you wouldn't want to pass up on a shot for her. Looks like you two had a great time. I'm looking forward to my little guy to grow up enough so I can get him out. :thumbsup:

Great outing. Something y'all remember for a long time. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Way to connect!Hope your daughter gets a bigger one than dad. :grin:

This world needs more Dad's like you, glad to hear your daughter takes an interest in things wild. congratulation to both on a great time together!

love the pictures and the smiles!

Have a great fall...Dan

Waidmanns Heil to these nice harvests to you and your daughter! :thumbsup:

Always good to see the youth coming into the sport!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Great job they are both trophys because of the time spent with your daughter!!

Good hunt. Time well spent with your daughter and tasty venison for the freezer. :thumbsup:

Nice animals, it is great to see your daughter has an interest in the hoby, keep fueling the fire and keep her interested and a part of the hoby as well as a part of your life, you have what many would give their favorite gun for, congrats and enjoy the journey together.

Back