• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another fenceline 8 pt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got up my stand this morning right at daylight. I went behind my house to a stand I call the fenceline stand. Its where hardwoods meet pines an an old pasture fence runs down the pine line. I have hunted it for over 30 yrs an have taken a lot of bucks over the yrs my best a 150 inch 10 pt. this one came down the fenceline straight to me an I shot him at a distance of 30 yrds. He was faceing me an I let him have a .527 self moulded ball out of lil sweetheart my Isaac Haines flintlock. The ball went in the front chest an came out near the left back leg. Suprisingly he got up an made it about 40 yrds but left a blood trail a blind man could follow. when I got him home an on the old scales i have he weighes in at 171 field dressed. Not my best but sure not my worst.
8ptwithlilSweetheart003.jpg

Very good! Cool pic as well. That hole you popped through him sure stands out.

Steve

:applause: Outstanding, congratulations! Well told, too. :thumbsup:

:hatsoff:
Spot

Good buck for sure, congratulations !!

:thumbsup:

PS: the stock on your beautiful Flintlock and the stock on my .62cal Virginia look like they came out of the same tree !!

good stuff nice deer and great grain on your rifle! :thumbsup:

A good animal and a fine story.
Your powder horn is the one I've been seeking for three years now. No wonder I couldn't find it. I was looking in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky!

I use a .018 pillow ticking patch an most of the time a little bit of hornet nest under ball an patch an lube with mink oil or bear grease. an get excellent groups with this combo :thumbsup:

Very good. Thanks for the story and pics. Fine looking rifle. Do you know the grade of wood on your rifle? Larry

Back