• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

another first turkey.!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorAaron

40 Cal.
Reaction score
shot my first turkey on the rainy easter morning with my grandpas old double barrel 14 guage. The bird was 35 yds away from me. The load was 70 fff with op wad then 90 grains of 6 shot then 2 overshot cards. This was the funnest hunt of my life seeing this turkey walking around and shooting it with a gun from the late 1800s.
tu.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congrats on your first Thomp.Can't get any better or more exciting then hunting with a BP gun.It's a special challenge to make meat with what our fore-fathers used. :applause: Griz

Nice bird :thumbsup: and congratulations to you as well! Looks like somebody taught you to do good!

Dave

Nice job Thomp. You and SS doing a good job. I see you put the horn in use :thumbsup: Friend Dilly

Congrats to you on a fine harvest. If only that old gun could talk. I bet thats not the first gobbler its been pointed at :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Way to go T.S. !!! :applause:

Isn't that just awesome? Beautiful bird with a fantastic old shotgun!

I hope you younger fellers (you and SS) leave some for the rest of us old guys! :haha:

Great job and thanks for sharing with us.

Skchief. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back