• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Skill - barrel making - where to learn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just this - where would one learn to make muzzleloader barrel today? Perhaps not the boring out of solid stock but taking a blank tube or octagon and finishing it (octagon to round, wedding bands etc). I thought about mailing Ed Rayl who is local to me and asking if I could pay him to teach me some things. Really not for a vocation but just to learn how to do it! I’m learning lathe skills from my father in law who is a machinist and tool and die maker and he can show me how to mill (but I don’t have a milling machine yet - only a lathe). Anyway, just kinda curious how to learn than end of it. And yes - once I get my he-shed built in 2025 (she shed project took 2023-2024) it will be wired for 220V and I’ll get the mill!!!

Back