• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Forum Section?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have noted that the subject of building guns and the problems and solutions for doing this have been posted in the Flintlock, the Precussion, and the General areas and while this is OK, it seems to me that perhaps another section might get all of these issues into one place where people interested in the subject could look for answers.
This forum would be for simple kits, advanced kits, and custom guns. It would be open to all of the questions dealing with subjects from "how do I adjust the front/rear sight?" to advanced carving and machine work, stock finishes etc.
To this end, I am proposing a new forum titled
"Builders Bench" or something equally descriptive be set up.

What do the rest of your forum members think? Do you think there would be enough interest to justify another forum area?
Please respond with your yes or no, you don't have to give a reason for your answers.

Well, I understand where you're coming from...the Longrifle forum has that broken out separately...however, IMHO, with the Flintlock and Percussion sections already in existence here, and under either of them a thread can be started about building something.

And if there was a separate build section, seems like it would be logical to immediately set up at least two sub-sections inside it such as Flintlock and Percussion...which we already have.

So I don't know...I guess the benefit of yet another section is not crystal clear to me...and I would see it as one more section I'd have to open to look for anything interesting...but that's just one opinion.

I vote YES, and since 'ZONIE brought it up, he can be the moderator for it...
grin.gif

My vote is a resounding YES. As a green, novice builder/assembler I need sage advice.

My fear is, though, that all that moderating would put a translating load on zonie that would damage his gray matter.

quote:Originally posted by DoLittle:
My fear is, though, that all that moderating would put a translating load on zonie that would damage his gray matter. Fear not...
'ZONIE's computer has an English/JIBBERISH translator installed, so there is really no effort involved...

It wouldn't be a bad idea, I have often struggled with where to post my building questions.

Many of them are not flint or percussion specific. A "builders bench" forum would also attract people with pure build questions as well as being a nice archive of pure build questions.

After thinking about translating from English spelling to jibberish spelling, I already speak jibberish, a function of MS Word could be used. After modification it would change "if" to "iffen" and "ask" to "ax".

Pa, how do you spell rat?

R-a-t

Nawh, not rat like mousy rat, rat like rat now.

Did ja see what that thar MooskeetMan went an said? Wal har it is "I vote YES, and since 'ZONIE brought it up, he can be the moderator for it... [[Big Grin]] "
An than thar's that Doonothin or Do little guy whats a sayin "My fear is, though, that all that moderating would put a translating load on zonie that would damage his gray matter."

What with friends like 'em who needs enemys ah says!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back