• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another great season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Britsmoothy said:
Is that antler rub on the tree in the base camp photo?

How far was the pistol shot?
B.

That is a open scar not a rub but in the back of camp there were a bunch of fresh rubs.
I got within 30 yrds of the marmot before I felt I needed to take a rest and shoot.

pab1 said:
Congrats to both of you and great pics!

What type of rock is that sitting on the big rock in front of you in the "Old Sheds" pic? :wink: :grin:
a plastic one :grin: good eye.

Gregory said:
Beautiful!

I've been watching for your report. Looks like the missus put a nice shot on that bull.

That's a lot of meat to have to take care of in a short period of time.

Gets to be alot like work when you make all your meat in 2 days.

Ha!
your not kidding.
She shot and ran out of the woods to get to work.Left me with 175lbs of meat to pack out and butcher, but all is good we got two elk and two deer in the freezer.

Great job of telling the story through your photos, GMB. Looks like you had an awesome, if not long enough, adventure.

It's a very accurate 8" custom barrel and I have horizontal notches on my front sites for elevation.

on a rest I could head shoot a marmot at 50 yrds.

Great photos and story.
I love reading your posts. It is such big, big country and it looks beautiful.
PJC

Back