• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Hawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutshurt

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hears one for you guys, I make them from farriers rasps they are folded with the first third of the file inside, then forge welded and shaped. I use 20MT borax for all my welding.
DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

Darrel

Oh yea! I like that alot. I sure like the weaping heart in the blade. Heck, I like everything about it. Let me get my rag and wipe the drewl off it for ya so it don't rust. :thumbsup:

Very nice that is an example of skill and an artistic ability thanks for sharing it with us.Duane

I wants it....wants it....That is the coolest 'hawk I have ever seen. :bow:
(just had my 50th b-day and you sending that to me as a 'present' hint, nudge, wink, wink) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cheers, Don

Cutshurt,
If you ever decide to make another one like this and sell it, please let me know. I have been thinking about this hawk since I first saw it. The uniqueness of this one is overwhelming and really one of the most fascinating designs I have ever seen.
Keep up the great work. Your craftsmanship is truly remarkable and different.

Cheers,
DonK

Cutshurt - very nice work, a rasp hawk is one of the items that on my (very) short list for the upcoming year. G

Back