• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another hello from Canada

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am new to this Forum, and especially new to the Science of Black Powder Muzzleloading. I have fired flintlock muskets in the past; but a few years ago, I had 3 misfires in a row, cursed, and swore off muzzleloaders.
However, this summer, I put a CVA Kentucky percussion rifle, a kit gun built 20 years ago, to my shoulder. I was amazed at how comfortable and natural it felt. Well, I bought that gun, and another, a CVA Hawken, another kit gun built 20 years ago. I then ordered and received a Traditions Kentucky Flintlock rifle; I have not looked back.
So far, all I have shot is my 2 Kentucky rifles, and my flint and cap pistols. I have some others that I still have to break in, all factory guns. Surprisingly, I especially like the flints. Lots of fun!
I have some books, I have read some Forums, such as yours, and am looking forward to learn what I can (and hopefully remember!), about this new (to me) discipline. Rest assured, I shall make tons of smoke and lots of noise!
Sarge

:hatsoff: Howdy and welcome.Looks like a good collection ya got started :thumbsup: Griz

Hello Juanco from Barrie, and other fellow Canadians, and hello to our Southern Neighbours. I just got back a little while ago from the Range; I was making smoke, noise, and having fun.
By the way, I hail from Niagara Falls.
Sarge

I have not been to either one since I moved back here from the North. When I grew up here we could sight in our rifles (center fire) right at the sand pits on St. Paul Ave. It is now a golf course on one side and condos on the other. :idunno:

You most certainly would not want to do that today!
A shooting friend of mine, in his eighties, used to shoot there. If you are new to the area, and are looking for a range, I will put my personal EMail in my Profile. I will send you a list.
Sarge

Back