• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Hog Tale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another view that gives you a better idea of his size:
100_0516.jpg

OMG another one cheers and wow.. say no season there? well my best regards
just a "loyalist Dawg" :hatsoff:

loyalistdawg,
Since hogs are a "nongame" species, you can hunt them any time there is an open season with legal weapons for whatever season is currently open. I mainly hunt them from January 1 through May 15th which is basically small game and turkey seasons. A .50 caliber muzzleloader is a legal weapon for both turkey and small game.

I need to concentrate on turkey hunting now; they're easier to carry! :grin:

Darrell,

to borrow from another site that has a hog killer in TX on it.

"keep up the jihad on those infidels!" :thumbsup:

I raised a few free ranging hogs on my homestead back in NC and even those few could tear up the place like nobody's business.

good eatin' though.

thanks for sharing.

Steve

Hi x-caliber!

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil!

Must the boars over there be brought to the veterinary for checking the meat of fins? In Germany it is a must.

Regards

Kirrmeister

" Meat of fins?""

I am not familiar with this terminology. Is this a check for Trichinosis? That disease has been fairly well eradicated from the USA after more than 75 years of inspection and treatment of hogs by the Dept. of Agriculture. I understand its still a problem in the middle east, and some of the poorer Asian, and Eastern European countries.

Just curious about what you are checking for.

paulvallandigham said:
" Meat of fins?""

I am not familiar with this terminology. Is this a check for Trichinosis? That disease has been fairly well eradicated from the USA after more than 75 years of inspection and treatment of hogs by the Dept. of Agriculture. I understand its still a problem in the middle east, and some of the poorer Asian, and Eastern European countries.

Just curious about what you are checking for.

You are right I mean Trichinoises. Here in Germany we too had no causes of this deasese, but nevertheless all wild boars have to be screened.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Seems to me then that this is one law that needs to be repealed, NO? Can you find a sympathetic legislator in your area? Or get the hunt club members to petition the government? It would be interesting to learn when it was the last time that a POSITIVE test came back for the disease. The Bureaucrats might not want to release that information, but the question should be asked. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back