• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Kibler Hog

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shot this pig last night. I started into the thicket but after the second time I fell I decided I didn’t want him bad enough to break a hip, so I backed out.
Went back this morning with Lisa Sullivan Thomas and She picked up the blood and off we went. It took a couple of hours to work her way through the thicket but when she came out the other side we found my boar laying up beside the creek. I would have lost a money bet it was standing broad side when I shot it but the .58 caliber round ball had went in on the near side shoulder and came out the opposite side back hip. As most of my friends know we owned a bow hunting range years ago and I have always been amazed how Lisa could pick up a tiny speck of blood. She is something to watch work.

Attachments

• IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0789.jpeg
    IMG_0789.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Congrats. Glad you found it. 👍

My wife is an exceptional tracker. Me, being red/green color deficient, not so much, though surprisingly I'm many times the one that finds the tiniest speck. Perhaps because I'm looking so hard.
I’m color blind also. For 50 years I bow hunted 95% of the time.
I always kept a top notch tracking dog.
Now I am too old to shoot a bow and my dog is too old to trail anything

A hog hunt is one of my bucket list items. They are very rare in NYS where I live, but spotted now and then. However, it is expressly prohibited by law, to shoot one. According to NYS, if they are hunted, they spread, becoming prolific breeders, and will be a problem. So sayeth the biology experts in NY.

A hog hunt is one of my bucket list items. They are very rare in NYS where I live, but spotted now and then. However, it is expressly prohibited by law, to shoot one. According to NYS, if they are hunted, they spread, becoming prolific breeders, and will be a problem. So sayeth the biology experts in NY.
Yeah I have heard that drivel from them. I used to hunt up there but ni more. My family sold the farm so I don't go. If I saw one I would plunk it

Back