• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Kibler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finished another Kibler kit. This one is a .58 Colonial with a discount stock.
It had a couple of inclusiins, so I wanted to make it really dark. 2 coats of aqua fortis and 2 coats of tannic aid turned the whole thing jet black.
Took a couple of hours of scrubbing with a 3-M pad to get some color back in it but Like I said, I was shooting for something dark. I stained all the brass as black as I could get it. The good new was it was shooting 4” groups at 100. The bad news was the group was 2’ to the left.
I gave up on my peep sight as to get it hitting center the front sight was half out of the dovetail. After i installed a regular set of sights where I could get half with the rear and half with the front I have it hitting good at 50. I will try again at 100 in the morning

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0429.jpeg
    IMG_0429.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
A very handsome looking rifle and I would call it an extra fancy stock. Beautiful strips and you did a fantastic job on the wood finishing and patina. Congrats ........John My next build will be a darkened flintlock.

Latest posts

Back