• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another roedeer story from GE!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello,

went out this evening with a buddy who is interested in hunting and making the german hunting licence. Again we took place in the ground blind from which I harvested 3 roes the last 3 weeks. It was 04:30 p.m. After 10 minutes I noticed a movment from the left at about 30 meters. There a doe came slowly to the baiting. I was sitting with my cal .50 Deerhunter ready and made my shot. Hit it high in the boiler room and through the spine. It went down in its tracks and died after a few minutes. We stayed there until 05:30 p.m. and saw another roe, but it saw as too and escaped. The curious thing about this place is that I always bait when I arrieve and then go in the ground blind. Then within 10 - 60 minutes the roes came. I guess that they are lying in a near thicket and when they hear me coming they know that there is something to eat near. In some cases they are rigth and get corn in other cases there are only blue beans available :rotf:

Here it is:
[url] http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w114/Kirrmeister/PICT0761.jpg[/url]

Regards

Kirrmeister

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Kirr!!! Having a good season is right!! Deer have their patterns for sure, once you get them figured out you can "usually" do pretty well. The bait sure helps too! Sounds like you have no shortage of deer in that area.

I read your PM and will be sending you an email in a few minutes with a link to some great photos of Dixons Muzzleloading and Cabelas I think you might enjoy.

Waidmanns Heil!

Billy

Grats again! :hatsoff:

I wonder how many of them roe deer it would take to make a set of buckskins... :hmm:

Grüß Gott Kirrmeister,

Sehr gut ! (Ich bin Amerikaner und kann nur ein bischen deutsch sprechen aber ich spreche sehr gut english, natürlich !)

congratulations !

Sounds like a Texas deer hunt I sat in on two years ago. Automatic, timed corn dropper, and a blind. Lots of deer. The ranch manager had to kill about 40 of them, but only had got 20 to that date. Naturally, none came close enough that evening. The hunter was using a scoped .22-.250 and the corn dropper was about 125 yards away.

Britsmoothy said:
Good story Sir.What are you using for bait?

I use pressed apples (Trester) mixed with corn and wheat. The roes like the smell of the apples and the taste of the corn.

Regards

Kirrmeister

What is Trester? My name is Troester, also spelled Tro(mit umlaut)ster in German.

Herb said:
What is Trester? My name is Troester, also spelled Tro(mit umlaut)ster in German.

Trester is the rest of pressed apples. It is brown and smells after apple flavour. The roes and all other deer like the smell. I don't know the english word.

Regards

Kirrmeister

grey whiskers said:
Kirr,

Waidmanns Heil! :thumbsup: You must have 3 freezers full of Roe by now. GW

Hi Lon,

put only one roe in the freezer. The others were sold. This is legal in Germany.
How about your hunting course and the piggies?
I heard in the news that there was a storm in CA!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Britsmoothy said:
Apple flavour roe deer-slurp :haha: Good Idea friend.

I think your whitetails and all other deers would like that, too.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Good shoot'n Kirrmeister...wish I could shoot..missed 2 more bucks this past wk..1 for 4 this season...and it's not the gun I checked it twice and it's dead on.

Back