• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

another season in the books!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skychief said:
I'll bet you guys don't get caught out in many electrical storms. :rotf:

Great idea, Skychief. :wink:

Just don't want to slip on the ice with that thing sticking in your backside. :rotf:

roundball said:
That's a neat photo of your gear in an empty scene...does have an air of finality to it and IMO you have the right attitude towards it all...we just have to play the cards we're dealt each year and keep moving forward enjoying the hobby.
Saturday I had my first "fun" range trip in a few months and it was good to get back shooting for shooting sake again...planning to go again today if warms up a bit

To the left and 200 yards back is a large island 20 foot banks and over looks the marsh..Lots of history with the native Americans and camp sites..back when the lake was all wild rice and reeds.
One of those places were ashes of good men are spread.

Can't wait for the range sessions to start again.will be thinking about your weather this winter..Happy shooting....Dan

Swampy said:
Ohhh wut dat .10ga weigh...ball park?? :thumbsup:

Swampy Not Stumpy!......
Just one round ball over 7 lbs..walnut stock...steel trim.....Rice 10 ga.hooked plug 37 and 3/4"long 1 an 1/4 at breach 1" at taper of 13 an 3/4" wedding band then flared just a bit the last 3-4" at muzzle. bore is smooth as silk.
This kit is not for the faint of heart..I have cold feet at the moment (drilling the ramrod hole). :redface:
Have a soft spot down deep for the half stock smoothbores.
Mike Brooks posted a picture of this one a while back and I couldn't get over it.

Back