• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anti climax of the hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf465

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just realized I don't have anymore deer tags. Just filled my muzzleloader tag with the flintlock and it dawned on me the hunting is done for the year. I told my wife I was still going out to the blinds to watch the deer. This is so much more fun than the centerfire season! My son and son in law still have tags. I might hang around with them.

I cant wait for squirreling! Dont pass up the funnest hunting out there! Great stalking practice too

i had the same realization after i took my deer over at cynthia's. seems like it all happens to fast dont it?

next year, im gonna hopefully have a smoothbore for some small game hunting.

-matt

Your not alone! Our matchs hane a larger turnout after deer season. The paper is not very tasty but it helps to keep the eye sharp! Geo. T.

Here in Tennessee we can take three does per day all season long. However, we are limited to three antlered deer total per year. Because of this, I typically hunt all season long. By the way, our sesaon officially ends on Jan. 6th. I simply love being out in the woods and when deer season ends, I take my shotguns and begin small game hunting.

Jeff

Back