• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antler powder measures

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youll first need a way to measure your powder in grains. I use a brass powder measure for this, then I normally start out with a descent sized tine of a white tail deer.. around the thickness of a 50 cent piece.. give or take. Then get your brass measure out to use as a standard. Drill directly in the middle using a small pilot hole.. let it cool. Then drill with a drill bit that matches your brass measure in diameter the same depth as your pilot hole. Then move your brass measure to the desired powder charge..fill it up and dump into your antler measure.. see how it measures up..you may need to drill more..if ya drill too much and your brass measure load isn't filling up your horn measure.. then file some off the rim of the antler measure. Just make the two equal is all that counts.
Thats how I do it.. others may differ.

Back