• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antler project idea

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grinnydog,
That ball starter is a work of art. Great job.

I haven't got the picture thing going yet (have to turn it over to my daughter, the expert), but I just finished a nipple pick, a little different from yours. I used a 3" tine, and drilled it from the flat end with a tiny numbered bit. I then cut 1/2" off the flat end (cut at an angle). I epoxied the brass wire in the flat part. With a slight bend in the wire, it fits nicely in its "sheath", the remainder of the tine. The angled cut for the handle is to make it easy to line up

bramble

Sounds like a dandy Bramble! Need to get the expert going on that pic so we can check it out.Not shure what my next antler project will be,Maby a lamp or something....I love antlers...I cant help it!!

Another vote for a short starter out of the base of the antler. Mine is similar to what has been shown here. Sunk and pinned a short length of oak dowel into it, tipped with a coned out 9mm shell casing. If you have the room drill out a powder measure on one end of the antler, making it the capacity of your usual load. Drill a small hole through the antler for a leather cord strap and TA DA - a home brewed short starter that will be useful and have some meaning to ya.

IM000303.jpg

My squirrel huntin' kit.
There's a nipple pick inside that brass tube. Tube screws off.

Latest posts

Back