• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

any information would help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowkill

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just acquired this rifle the other day in a trade. It is a left hand 50 cal douglass barrel. Not sure of who made lock or about what year gun was made or builder? If anybody sees something in the picture that might give a little info...please do tell..thanks. bore looks like new don't know if it was ever shot much? has the initials RQ on thumbrest.

its a large siler flintlock, I belive douglas stopped making muzzleloader barrels about 20 years ago. who ever made it was a fine smith and should have put his name on it

If I could do as good of work as that then my name would have been on that gun for sure. Fine looking gun even if it is wrong side out :thumbsup:

I don't know the answer to your question but thanks for posting those pictures. Very nice!! Greg :)

rj morrison said:
RQ would most likely be the initals of the original owner.

Yes, my thought also.
And, judging from the location of the rear sight, RQ was probably an older gent who may have left us and that could be the reason the rifle came up for sale. It looks well made, with the quality components it should be a shooter. The XX on the barrel means it is a Douglas premium. Enjoy.

Very nice rifle. I LOVE that front sight!!! Whoever made that was good. It certainly wasn't his or her first.

That is, indeed, a beauty. Yeah, that preening swan is neat. Nice find!

Mike Brines said:
Very nice rifle. I LOVE that front sight!!! Whoever made that was good. It certainly wasn't his or her first.

never seen a sight like it, it is very cool for sure..

Is that a makers mark in the what appears to be a stamped circle on the back side of the lock just below the frizzen and hidden behind the main spring? :idunno: Great looking rifle by the way :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back