• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any Louisiana fowlers?????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhughh

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone on the forum living here in Louisiana, with experience working up loads for a fowler, please send me a PT.

Thanks,
Hugh

What is this all about? Can't you accept advice from anyone outside Louisianna? Or maybe you have a novel theory that fowlers loaded in Louisianna use a different load than fowlers loaded in Texas, or in Arkansas, or Mississippi, or Alabama?????

I don't get this???

Has anyone given it any thought that he may be wanting to contact and possibly meet someone and observe first hand their loading technique?

Swamp Rat is right. Even the Army teaches the best way to learn is "hands on". Can't blame someone for wanting to learn the proper way. I give him credit :thumbsup:

I don't have any problem with someone asking if there are any members close to him that he can meet and learn from directly, but if that is his question, Why didn't he ask if someone lives in Louisianna who can help him learn to load his Fowler??

Being a lawyer, I am more than used to dealing with obtuse statements, but if you are correct( and you may be), Boy, is this posting a doozy! He doesn't just go around the barn, but finds a couple of new paths through the back forty to get into the house, too!

I think I asked a legitimate question for all of us. :bow: :surrender: :thumbsup:

Please, members, if you want to pose a question, think about what you are trying to find out before writing the question in a post, here. Practice writing it out, and ask members of your household if they understand what you are asking? :redface: :hatsoff:

Writing is not easy- contrary to popular myth-- and it doesn't get any easier here on the internet. What you do get here is an opportunity to practice your writing, and work on being very clear in what you write.

I am reminded by my mother's favorite line, " Throw me down the stairs my hat!"

Most of us have an idea that what the person is directing is for some one to throw their hat down the stairs to him, not throw the man down the stairs to his hat. :shocked2: In some foreign languages, however, this would be the proper sentence construction for that directive. :confused: It only loses a lot in the translation to English.

Because I grew up in an ethnically diverse town, I am very sympathetic to anyone for whom English is a second language. English is a wonderful language, but its much more difficult a language to learn than many other "old World " languages are. And, in America, on top of the complex rules of grammar, we also have lots of slang expressions that need to be mastered.

I intended no offense to the poster. I hope he comes back to this and asks a better question now that he knows the confusion his first question has created. :thumbsup:

I'm no lawyer Paul but the question was rather simple and to the point. I don't know why he asked it, all I know is I'm not from Louisiana so I really had no reason to post on this thread.

Hugh what cal you wanting loads on? Took a Georgia boy to ask that question..

Holy Cow
Has the Plains of Abraham rubbed off on some of you? Some seem a bit testie. Simple question and to the point. Maybe not in a proper legal view but still to the point. Guess we are all cabin feverish by many things. Not all of us are English majors.

Bushy(Allez Avec Dieu Mon Ami)Stay Well and Shoot Often

Remember, much of Louisiana is actually below sea level so the reduced atmospheric pressure has a profound impact on combustion and therefore special loads are required....... :bull:
Would someone please help this man so the rest of us can stop posting rediculous replies!

Ever wonder why people hate LAWYERS, now you know.
I have to wonder why a rude, crude, jerk like him is allowed to contaminate an otherwise great forum. I wonder how many good knowledgeable shooters have been compelled to quit this forum because of him. Does Claude ever reprimand him for all his redicule of other members or is he just allowed to run loose and say whatever he feels like? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

indian.jpg

Actually, I've received none. I apologize for the confusion this brought about. I wrote it in a few moments before having to leave for work, and I returned to..........well, anyway.

Yes, I was hoping someone in my area was available to watch me load. I have rec'd much great advice on this forum, but my fowler still has issues that I can't seem to correct.

I'm just glad it wasn't something as personal as perhaps.....a close friend had passed and someone wanted some close around for a sort of tribute or something......Some feelings might have really been hurt.

Anyway, no harm done here, just was hoping to find a neighbor with similar interests.

Hugh

Well, right now we seem to be the closest thing to neighbors you've got. What sort of issues does your fowler have? Most of us have had our problems with them in the past and may be able to help. Dan

Hhugh: Are you a member of any local BP club? Is there a gun dealer around you that sells Black Powder supplies?? He would know other shooters, and probably would know who is buying smoothbore supplies in the area.

Are you a member of the NMLRA? If not, have you thought about joining? We have Charter clubs in every state, with State Representatives for each state- and often more than one. All these people are resources you can tap to find someone local who can help you with that problem.

And, there are the rest of us in this forum. A lot of us have experience loading and shooting Fowers, and shotguns. If you can take a picture of your gun or some problem area you want help about, post it here with a explanation of the problem and what you think might be the cause. If we agree, we can help you " fix it".

This is an international forum. For those of us who don't reside in the Great State of Louisiana, we apologize to you for that shortcoming. But, we have helped lots of shooters " fix " problems they are having right here on the forum. I do believe that we have other members who live in Louisiana, but they may not be close to you. In that case, your PT is going to be very quiet. Is there some reason it has to be someone in Louisiana, or don't you mind getting together with someone from a neighboring state???

You might begin by explaining what you thing the problem is with your fowler. That might bring someone to this thread who DOES live close to you who can help. And if not, some of the rest of us might be able to help. I am going to bow out, since my asking you to explain what exactly you are wanting from this forum seems to have offended you and others. Best Wishes on solving your problem. :thumbsup:

Paul,
I've read far too many of your posts, and "exploited" far too much of your wisdom from time to time, to ever be offended. To all whom have posted: No offense whatsoever taken.

I have refrained from going into details about the problems, because I have posted before, and to simply redescribe this in words may seem to be beating the proverbial expired beast of burden--for the lawyerly and lover of words...LOL I can hear it now (Why does it have to be a HORSE?) lol...again, that's all tongue in cheek, and there is no offense taken.

Anyway, I am having real issues with lack of penetration, point of aim, centering the point of impact for the pattern, etc. All things that have been addressed on this forum for me in the past. As to any BP clubs, dealers, etc. around here. No. Now that LA allows modern SS rifles during our primitive season, I--the flintlock smoothbore packer-- am about as, well...now we're back to other proverbs...lol

Anyway, certainly someone from this southern area--not only LA--is quite welcome to respond, as I'm not abject to a road trip.

But I really think it's going to be some minor technique that I am or am not doing that is never going to be addressed on here.

Again, thanks for the replies, and believe me, no harm done here.

Hugh

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you such an moron? Nothing better to do.
Why don't you write a book

Back