• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any Louisiana fowlers?????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:( That was completely uncalled for. It adds absolutely no value to this thread.

Jac S. Muell

Mr. Fitter: Are we getting a bit grumpy with cabin fever?
Hugh, surely someone from your neck of the woods will see this and meet you at a convenient range. Let us know how your session goes. I learned more about flinters from a seasoned veteran in 20 minutes at the range than in all the reading I had done.
One of the joys of muzzleloading is passing along our experience to others, so the circle remains unbroken.
Max Vickery once wrote a story for one of the Lyman BP manuals about how his flinter "spoke for many others" when it cracked in the woods. A very nicely turned phrase.
Very best,
Bill

He must have cut into the thread without seeing the previous post.
It's easy to do,
Both Paul and our friend from Louisiana seem to have worked it out :surrender:
I can only speak from personal experience that B/P flintlock muzzle loaders, especially smooth bores are a challenge to shoot well.
Having someone local with experience is a real help.
Lets not attack each other, there are plenty of non-shooters that are more then willing to do that.
Stupid posts are...well there are non..IMHO
I wish I had this forum when I started shooting BP.. :hmm:

Well, I understood his point better than I do some of the meanderings of journalists writing for the NYT or WAPO. :grin:

Back