• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anybody "making smoke" in the morning?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Wife & I are heading up to Dalton NH for the primitive biathlon, and 2 friends are going with us. There will be lotsa smoke!

The only smoke I made today was Marlboro smoke :haha: . I've been out in the cold all week :surrender: . Looks like we're going to get some snow here in Baltimore , and since it's coming up from the south it could be a BIG one :shocked2: . I better load up on bread , milk , and toilet paper . Don't know why though , got plenty of toilet paper and I don't use much bread or milk , but that's what we do around here when they're calling for snow . I'll bet the supermarkets will be mobbed tomorrow :rotf:

I've been to Baltimore, and believe I know why they have a run on TP, when they think they're goona be housebound. :rotf:

Took my .54 GPR and .45 Kentuck pistol and went up to my sister in law's place this morning. Her husband had never shot a muzzleloader, so we had some fun making smoke before it started raining. Scott

Missed out on the Frozen Butt rondy since I had to cover evening shift for a guy.Might try a few shots tomorrow in the backyard if the weather ain't too windy and cold.
Roundball,you must be single with all the shooting you get ta do.... :bow:

Slamfire said:
I've been to Baltimore, and believe I know why they have a run on TP, when they think they're goona be housebound. :rotf:
That's what too much bread and milk will do to ya :rotf: . I'm gonna load up on the three B's , beer , bourbon and butts :haha: .

patch knife said:
I better load up on bread , milk , and toilet paper . Don't know why though , got plenty of toilet paper and I don't use much bread or milk , but that's what we do around here when they're calling for snow . I'll bet the supermarkets will be mobbed tomorrow :rotf:
Same thing happens here... :rotf:

PaulN/KS said:
Roundball,you must be single with all the shooting you get ta do....
:bow:
My wonderful Wife of 40 years is great! Some guys play golf every Saturday, etc...I shoot a Flintlock...and one of the reasons I get up and go so early is that I'm back by 9:30 and she's barely been up an about...works out well.
:thumbsup:

Boy, it was cold this mornin', about 10 degrees. But I made it out along with several other members and we had a good shoot. The snow was only about 4 inches deep. We had a salamander fired up to go to if our little pinkys got too stiff. The Coleman under the pinto beans wouldn't stay lit, so a couple of us Rangers gathered some firewood and the grate from our Primitive area and heated things up the right way. I had one misfire when I didn't pick my vent well enough and shot a 99 aggregate which is pretty good considering my eyeball was frozen. And I do believe the cold air has helped my head and chest cold a good bit. And I got a new load worked up for my rifle-musket. Next some of us are starting practice for the Alvin York Memorial Shoot.

silverfox said:
Hi guys it was 82 this afternoon but have a cold front commint thru tonight expect 66 for high tomorrow. Ya'll have fun with the snow and stuff have a good day shooting.
Fox :hatsoff:

Dang, we only got up to 78 today, it was rough working out in the garage wearing a T-shirt with the door open. :grin:

It's a beautiful sunny,Cold morning with no snow in the air.Imagine that....Last I heard we a forecast more snow for tomorrow.Goody. :(

I almost feel bad for posting this...

No snow, no sleet, no rain. I wore a light shirt over a T-shirt most of the day, though I did slip on my field jacket very early in the morning, and again after the sun went down. (Gotta love the South, and gotta love "global warming"!)

Took my Bess and my new (to me) LeMat revolver to the range today, and had a great time. The LeMat (thanks Dave!) was a real hoot to shoot, and was a better piece than I thought she'd be. And I even managed to hit a target twice at 100 yards with the Bess! (Out of four shots at it!) Had to be luck, 'cause I'm not that good a shot, but it still felt good. (And looked impressive to the rest of 'em at the range! I won't 'fess up!)

I needed the stress release. Felt really good to make smoke today, and even better to have placed my lead pretty well while I did.

Best of luck to y'all up there in the frigid white North!

Made some this afternoon instead. :)
Weather was as good as it's gonna be for a while. Warm enuf that the snow was mushy.
Had to work on Sat. as always. :(

Homesteader said:
I almost feel bad for posting this...

No snow, no sleet, no rain. I wore a light shirt over a T-shirt most of the day, though I did slip on my field jacket very early in the morning, and again after the sun went down. (Gotta love the South, and gotta love "global warming"!)

Took my Bess and my new (to me) LeMat revolver to the range today, and had a great time. The LeMat (thanks Dave!) was a real hoot to shoot, and was a better piece than I thought she'd be. And I even managed to hit a target twice at 100 yards with the Bess! (Out of four shots at it!) Had to be luck, 'cause I'm not that good a shot, but it still felt good. (And looked impressive to the rest of 'em at the range! I won't 'fess up!)

I needed the stress release. Felt really good to make smoke today, and even better to have placed my lead pretty well while I did.

Best of luck to y'all up there in the frigid white North!

I'll betcha feel really bad now dontcha Homsteader?
:grin: :winking:
I imagine shooting at my range will be out of the question anytime this week,Maybe next weekend I'll snowshoe in there and shoot my duel target.

I took leave of the shovel and straped on some snow shoes. I took the .50 Hawkens and my dog to see if the rabits were moving, wow what a hard treck. Even with the snow shoes on the snow was still over my knees and the dog looked like buggs bunny when he took that wrong tern at Albiqurkie, she just kinda poped her head up every so often or hoped like a deer. saw a copple of trails but couldn't get any thing moving, or they already moved with all the huffing puffing and weasing :rotf: Man am I out of shape. Well I was out for about 3 hours made my own heat so I didnt get cold just couldn't stand around to long or the sweat would freeze about -15C, but felt good to get out instead of sitting around the house. The dog slept good too. Hope every one had a safe and enjoyable weakend . Regards Fisher King :hatsoff:

That exercise stuff...It's supposed to be Good for ya.Sometimes it don't feel like it though.I like a good stomp on my Traditional snowshoes especially after the trail is broke but that first walk is the hardest.

WELL halftail...hope ya ain't broke trail yet,,,,have ta do it again if'n ya did...you get a forecast fer up ther? ours is 16-24....inches..don't know what that be in metric...but too much!

I tell ya the walk back was definatly easier when I came back around on to my going in tracks. We are supose to get another dumping coming in from Oklahoma, but I gess the next go will be easier. Talk to ya later keep makeing smoke and heat. Fisher King. :thumbsup:

Back