• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anybody rabbit hunting ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill take em anytime my brother and me just got one sat with our 36 cal rifles took about 45 min but we got em i got three beagles but we were out squirrling that day and ended up bumping that rabbit... good time to go rabbit hunting..

Always out after rabbit :thumbsup:

longrabbit003.jpg

60paces with a smoothed out war horse :grin:

Brits.

Nice pic Brit. The dog in the pic, is it a brit spaniel? and does it do well on rabbits or was it along for the walk?

Rev_William said:
Nice pic Brit. The dog in the pic, is it a brit spaniel? and does it do well on rabbits or was it along for the walk?
She is a sprocker, cocker/springer cross.

She retrieved the rabbit, I only nicked its back. It was sat up right watching us! it crawled through the wire etc.

She is my best hunting buddy, she will flush birds,point deer and rabbit in fact she will semi point anything, retrieve small deer(try) and fox's, hunt squirrel and lets me know when she finds one UP the tree! Walks to heel unless told to hunt/flush. Likes water but the cold starves her quick so I have to be carefull there etc.Sometimes lazy but yields to a little pushing.

She can be very very cheeky and greedy but I love her :grin:

B :thumbsup:

Thanks so was the mix intentional? lol been looking for a good squirrel/rabbit dog I have a lab something mix that stays by the fire or sides with the "enemy" when we go out lol

Rev_William said:
Thanks so was the mix intentional? lol been looking for a good squirrel/rabbit dog I have a lab something mix that stays by the fire or sides with the "enemy" when we go out lol

No she was a slip up! She was the last of the litter to go being very white but alas she is a gem.
We have had Labs too, capable dogs too and better in the cold!

Blessings.

Brits.

Hope this isn't too far off topic. I had a Brittany once, and took him out pheasant hunting when he was just a pup. He was real birdy, and would chase the pheasant wing around until he was exhausted. We were walking along one of the many irrigation ditches, and he pointed. I didn't believe him, took another step, and flushed a rooster over the ditch. THe ditch was about 8 feet deep, so it would be impossible to retrieve the bird, so I didn't shoot. Buster just sat down and looked at me. Like he was saying, "I did my job, why didn't you do yours??"

Mike Brines said:
Hope this isn't too far off topic. I had a Brittany once, and took him out pheasant hunting when he was just a pup. He was real birdy, and would chase the pheasant wing around until he was exhausted. We were walking along one of the many irrigation ditches, and he pointed. I didn't believe him, took another step, and flushed a rooster over the ditch. THe ditch was about 8 feet deep, so it would be impossible to retrieve the bird, so I didn't shoot. Buster just sat down and looked at me. Like he was saying, "I did my job, why didn't you do yours??"
:thumbsup:

B.

Back