• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anybody use your Bunns???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fw707

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, I shot the .54 a little this afternoon, and when I got finished I decided to try something I'd been thinking about for a while. I ran a pot of water through my Bunn coffee maker, and in about a minute and a half I had 170 degree water and a little squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid in a cut-off milk jug and was cleaning the barrel. The rinsing water ran through just as fast, and I had the barrel clean in no time. The water was hot enough that I had to hold the barrel with a shop rag, and the barrel dried itself pretty fast. A couple of lubed patches later I was done.
This method might be old news and common practice, but I've never read or heard about it before. So even if you older experienced guys already know about it, maybe it'll help the younger folks. :grin:

Since I don't wash out the filter basket very often in my coffee maker, will the caffeine residue make my muzzleloader faster shooting? :rotf: :haha: :thumbsup:
Seriously, it sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the tip. :hatsoff:

You know, I hadn't thought about that!!
I'm a little worried now that I might have a hard time keeping my sights on the target next time I shoot. :haha:
Some folks might think this thread is a little off the wall, but it's the quickest way I've found to come up with some hot water for gun cleaning. It's about 50 degrees hotter than my tap water, and it's almost instantly available. So, if anybody thinks I was just being silly or flippant, that wasn't my intent at all. Just a little something I found to be handy, and I wanted to pass it on for what it's worth.
Thanks for the reply bioprof! :winking:

My system exactly--- excpt. I don't use my "BUNS" for heating. Has worked great for some 35 yrs now with excl results :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have visions of your next shot, the smell of black powder will now be more like that of a good coffee shop....... sounds good to me. :grin:
Smokey.

or ya can use a water boiler that some companys make to boil water fer tea..........bob

Wonder if that's what Dan'el and Davy did? :shocked2:

Wonder if a hot toddy would work? :rotf:

I started using the coffee maker about three years ago and wondered why I hadn't thought of it sooner.

Back