• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Frustrated - Hopefully just the growing pains of a newbie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>>So this past weekend, I went out and shot the .58 cal Ardessa muzzleloader. After the first shot, it was extremely difficult to load and I only fired a few. This led me to determine that I obviously needed to give it a really good cleaning.<<

Is this a new gun, with a new barrel? If so, that barrel needs a good cleaning to remove machining oils, before any range time.
Though it sounds like you have the problem solved, at least for now.

Quote by Arkansas Paul
"I've read a thread on here about the same topic, and I'll try some of the things suggested like tying the rod to a tree and pulling on the rifle. That will probably get it out."

It was probably my thread. This is my 5th muzzleloader experience and it's still frustrating especially when you're not sure what the cause is. I'm still working on it but nothing for sure yet. If you figure it out let us know.

Back