• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anybody used Clear Shot Powder in a revolver?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harris_304

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Is anybody using clear shot in their revolver? It's suppose
to be super clean (no sulfur) and leaves no residue

If this is true I wouldn't mind having a pound around to use
when the mood strikes me.

Ron

:huh:

I have about a half a pound of it leftover from over a year ago. I did not like it. As for as shooting clean,I didn't find it to be much if any cleaner than any of the other powders. I find triple 7 to be a good black powder replacement. But due to the high cost and it won't shoot worth a flip in my flint guns I have gone to goex 3f for all my guns.
Old Charlie

I agree with Charlie.................. Clear Shot is junk.

I bought a can of 3fg for the Cap & Ball and 2fg for the rifle.........NOT impressed.

It is No cleaner than Pyro and darn near as bad as Goex Black. And it's VERY under-powered. In the Cap & Ball 1858 at 10yds, a 30gr charge of it will hit almost 12" lower than a 30gr charge of Goex Black or 27gr of 777. And the 2fg cut is just as weak when shot in the rifle.

Spend the extra $$ on 777 it's cleaner, more powerful, and more cost effective.

I have used clean shot in both 50 cal. rifle and 44 pistol and didn't like it nearly as well as Goex and didn't find it any easier to clean up afterwards,plus cost a lot more.

VEGETARIAN: INDIAN FOR LOUSY HUNTER

I've shot a pound of it through rifles and also with a Ruger Old Army and I was not at all impressed.
It's not that clean and really lame in the power category.

If cleaner and very powerful is your thing,
I'd suggest Black Mag'3 (#1 :imo:) or 777 loose in 3F.

I switched to BM'3 last fall and working on my 3rd pound, but still have 777. I've shot several pounds of 777.

A friend of mine recently tried BM'3 in his Old Army and bought a pound the same day. It's really a fantastic powder.
:imo:

Back