• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

where can i buy used black powder revolvers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No other options ???

Stop fooling around with a BP for EDC. Purchase a smokeless cartridge revolver.
If you couldn't figure out how to repair a small BP part then you need a modern revolver.

As a furriner, I'm not afraid to have to remind anybody here about giving advice that might aid or abet a felony.

So sue me.

I will tell ya right here, in this forum or modern muzzle loaders forum. for used anyhow. Now new I generally inter-web search for whom has the cheapest price for what I am searching for. For my used second hand I shop here, if I can not find it here or modern muzzle loaders I just do not need it. For used. Let me tell you I had my doubts at first I tried Pawn Shops, Local message message boards let us say if I wanted a blackpowder firearm real bad those places had some real bad and neglected firearms for sale cheap at double or triple the cost of what was posted here. I have gotten 4 more added to my growing need, and all of those have been $150 to $200 less than a Pawn Shop, Local Message Board and in far superior shape the last two have been practically brand new no box.

Now Black Powder for EDC? or Defensive measures. Give it to me any day of the week. Now I will tell you what most deny, or prefer not to see, or just been fed to much nonsense to see. close distance like self defense soft lead does far more damage than any copper jacket or copper plated bullet. do not get me wrong, I do not want to be shot by either, close range IF given a choice shoot me with a copper jacket they are prone to fail more times than not at ranges less than 50 Yards.

Have a brother in Indiana, served in the Marines and was wounded twice in Vietnam. He can't buy modern guns because of his PTSD. He hunts with a bow or a muzzleloader. As for self defense, he said he doesn't worry about that. Unless he has a home invasion or something like that, he has the ways and means to take care of that.

The op gave to much information for some of you . For me it is none of our business why he cant buy modern guns and seems if he was doing anything wrong he would have been arrested doing open carry and would not be wanting to buy black powder revolver to conceal . I know some may think he was arrested but he never said either way and it doesn't really matter if we don't know he is prohibited I don't see how you or I could be charged and convicted of anything

The op gave to much information for some of you . For me it is none of our business why he cant buy modern guns and seems if he was doing anything wrong he would have been arrested doing open carry and would not be wanting to buy black powder revolver to conceal . I know some may think he was arrested but he never said either way and it doesn't really matter if we don't know he is prohibited I don't see how you or I could be charged and convicted of anything
He only would have been arrested if the police 1) ran a check on him and 2) they knew the laws on prohibited persons/weapons. (Never assume the police actually know the law.) Since he's here in Maine where one doesn't need a permit to carry open or concealed, the police might have simply investigated it as an over-reaction by the caller.

Is he or she in prison or activlu on parole or probation?
If not they certainly should have 2A.
No where in the constitution does it say if you grow some hemp you lose your self defense rights?
Does not say anything so why are you other than some kind of weirdo virtue signal?

Back