• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone else have a chambers New England fowler on order?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texcl

50 Cal.
Reaction score
It's been around 2 months now since I ordered the kit, the stock should be carved soon I'd think. Anyone else have one on order?

Spoke with chambers yesterday and they just received a shipment of stocks, if yall are thinking of ordering one now might be the time or else there might be a good wait. Can't wait to get mine it is a cherry stock and the gun will have a 10ga barrel. Will have her done for early goose season, I's going to start stocking up on ITX and nice shot since I'm planning on doing alot of waterfowl hunting this season with the flinters.

yup, they sure did and several 11ga. barrels as well,but that was 2 months ago. The 10ga. is really light at the muzzle which is what I like in a fowler, can't wait to get her together.

oh, you should be in good shape then. the barrel is what takes the longest to get. when i built mine they didn't have any 10's and only one 11. i should've just gotten the 11 because it took slightly over a year to get my barrel, i already had everything else months prior. keep us posted!

have you hunted with that gun yet? I'd like to know what you think of it and if there was anything you would have or did do to make the gun more functional in the field.

i hunted tukey's with it for a couple of days this spring, it was a pleasure to carry in the field and is a fantastic sparker ,even in wet weather. i can't think of anything i would change about it.

It'll be interesting, I'm going to give it a whirl, I'm training one of my dogs right now to sit away from me and fetch to the shot since I'm anticipating not seeing the bird fall, I'll take pics. as the season unfolds.

good plan, but from experience pheasant hunting with BP guns, i can see the bird drop no problems.

Yeah, you are probably right, if it is windy there most likely won't be an issue, where I see the problem is from inside the blind where the smoke lingers, but the barrel is long enough it shouldn't be a big deal. I had a pretty major set back the day before yesterday, my favorite lab Jack walked over to me layed down as close as he could get and died. He was pretty old but didn't show one sign of being ill or any other problems, he was the best dog I've ever had, it is a pretty major loss to the family. As far as hunting dogs go I have 2 other labs, both of which are genetically better hunting dogs, but I've had Jack for so long it was always like having a friend with me.

Sorry about your dog. Sounds like he was lucky to have you as a friend. RIP Jack.

Back