• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone get a Pietta G&G Clone from this most recent batch?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to order the Pietta G&G clone from this most recent batch that Midway has. But the pic shows a rebated cylinder (like a 44 Navy has) and the stepped frame. But some customer pics show a NON rebated cylinder and a level frame. Can anyone here maybe clear this up for me. Thanks in advance.

I want to order the Pietta G&G clone from this most recent batch that Midway has. But the pic shows a rebated cylinder (like a 44 Navy has) and the stepped frame. But some customer pics show a NON rebated cylinder and a level frame. Can anyone here maybe clear this up for me. Thanks in advance.
I’m confused, I thought the Navy caliber was .36?

Here is my .36

20240625_184615.jpg

G&G had one piece wood grips these have 2 piece plastic grips that I really don’t like. I replaced mine with a one piece wood grip, looks and feels a lot better.

Some Pietta model G&G are 44 caliber brass frame and round barrel. Hopefully what you saw is not what your going to get. But since they are made, you might wind up with one.
I see them a lot on gunbroker.

G&G had one piece wood grips these have 2 piece plastic grips that I really don’t like. I replaced mine with a one piece wood grip, looks and feels a lot better.
Yeah, I have already ordered an unfinished grip to replace the plastic.
Some Pietta model G&G are 44 caliber brass frame and round barrel. Hopefully what you saw is not what your going to get. But since they are made, you might wind up with one.
I see them a lot on gunbroker.
Midway's listing say's .36 cal. It will go straight back as soon as I open the box if it is indeed the .44

Back