• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

anyone get out on the last days

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttonbuck

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I got a reprieve I did not have to watch the kids this afternoon and got out to the stand after laying flooring and butchering 2 goats. It was just nice to get out, I saw one squirrel no deer So now I have until 2/15 to squirrel hunt.

I went coyote calling yesterday and squirrel hunting today buttonbuck. My friends and I have been putting it on the cottontails hard the last few weeks, so, the rabbits got a reprieve this weekend.

Didn't find any coyote nor squirrel this weekend, but, it was nice hunting in our skiff of snow.

Good luck with the limb-bacon.

Skychief.

We are still deer hunting till the end of this month an our rut is on now so its the best time to be out there. Then we can small game thru feb an Im aimed to put some limb bacon in the freezer with my smoothbore :thumbsup:

Had to work Friday but I got out Saturday morning. Saw 7 bucks! Antlerless-only tho...
Then I walked back out to the Jeep to eat some lunch and 4 does ran across the field in front of me as soon as I got there. Dropped to one knee and shot the biggest one. Not my best ever shootin' as I was aiming for the lungs but hit the base of the neck. Worked out real well tho. Bang/flop and no dragging.

HPIM1710.jpg

Michigan's regular rifle season opened Nov. 15. Nov. 16 I shot a doe with my .50 T/C flinter. Temps had been mild, but then turned cold. It's hard to keep up your enthusiasm when it's cold out and you already have a deer in the freezer. graybeard

I managed to get out thew next to the last day of deer season. That's when I finally got a shot and took a doe.

I wish I did. I have 2 tags left but our locker by the beginning of 2nd season was out of donation meat money and was only taking regular processing. So since I already have our deer in the freezer we don't need any more meat. But then I found out they were taking donation deer at our locker so maybe I should've gone :shake:. I was just concerned if I got one where would I take it.

Upland finished today, but I had to work. I did get out after chukars with Lilly and the New Englander yesterday. Lilly's going to be 11 this spring, but she still has the heart, nose, and about 3/4 of her legs!

ChukarwithMuzzleloader1-15-12.jpg

Jethro224 said:
Had to work Friday but I got out Saturday morning. Saw 7 bucks! Antlerless-only tho...
Then I walked back out to the Jeep to eat some lunch and 4 does ran across the field in front of me as soon as I got there. Dropped to one knee and shot the biggest one. Not my best ever shootin' as I was aiming for the lungs but hit the base of the neck. Worked out real well tho. Bang/flop and no dragging.

HPIM1710.jpg

Now THAT is a purty Picture!!!

Back