• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

anyone know what kind of bird?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlintlockJonny

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I took this photo while walking the dog. This bird which i have never seen before let me get to about 10 feet. It still did not move....i didn't want to make it. anyone know what kind of bird it is...almost looks like an albino pigeon. its a cell phone picture....so i can understand if the quality is not there. cool experience none the less.
0420071749-00.jpg

0420071748-02.jpg

:hmm: Looks like a dove, most likly domesticated. Sometimes they release the white ones at weddings and other festivities.
Soggy

Dove, and I believe they are the Turtle doves we hear mentioned around Christmas. The same bird that carried an olive branch to Noah. Never have seen one in the wild, so it probably is an escaped domestic bird. Probably why he let you get so close. Bill

Thanks guys...i have never seen one before in the wild. if it was domesticated, i bet i could have stuck my finger out and he'd sit on it!

Can't see the pic on this computer I'm at but I'll look later at home.
Theres a lot of pigeons(Rock doves) around here and I see a white one from time to time as well as a kinda tan one..Mark

thats a white dove ,i knew some folks once that raised them for release at weddings and so forth.

Jonny,
I'm with the others...looks like a dove to me.
Maybe a Peace Dove.
snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Depends on the size as to whether pigeon or dove. If it was the size of a Mourning Dove, then it was a dove.
Looks to me to be a young pigeon , newly fledged to the world.Mature pigeons don't usually sit in trees like that, young birds will.
I've been raising them off and on for 43 years.

Latest posts

Back