• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone recognize...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure he means the the pan (which in this case is just a little cup or depression on top of the touch hole) is 3/8" diameter. The touch hole itself is probably around 1/8" diameter. :thumbsup:

Go here to Claypipe's place Handgonne and click on the Tannenberg link,then click on the third pic down for a larger image, then click on that to enlarge it again, and you can see what I'm talking about. :thumbsup:

Yepper, got ya, picked up the steel today while in the city. Will start on it tomarrow.
Thanks. :hatsoff:

Pitchy:

Thanks, should have one done by tomorrow afternoon, gotta go to town for supplies today. :thumbsup:

The touch hole is 3/8ths diameter ?, wow that`s big, must be a lot of fire that comes out when firing.
I`m going to make mine a 50 cal. are ya sure that touch hole isn`t 1/8 th in diameter?

I read the ruler wrong. It is 3/16th's of an inch. I was half asleep when I wrote it. :redface:

I wanted the touchhole to be large enough so that I could use a cannon fuse in a pinch.

Looking forward to seeing what you build!

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Pitchy,

I have a hand cannon that was made for me by Machined Creations and the touchole is probably 3/32 or less, but has a coned area on the outside to fill with your priming powder. He might be referring to the diameter of the cone.

What are you going to use for a barrel?

Ok guys thanks, I have some solid hex or octigon shaft i`m going to bore to half inch.
Trying to decide whether to turn part of it round or leave it as is. :hmm:

3/16" still doesn't sound right to me (most fuse I've seen is 3/32-1/8" diameter), but I trust that Teleo knows what he's got. :haha: On a gonne I bought from Volat, the touch hole itself is 1/8" and the "cup" is about 1/4" diameter x 1/16" deep. :thumbsup:

Musketeer Von Blunderbuss:

3/16" still doesn't sound right to me (most fuse I've seen is 3/32-1/8" diameter), but I trust that Teleo knows what he's got. :haha: On a gonne I bought from Volat, the touch hole itself is 1/8" and the "cup" is about 1/4" diameter x 1/16" deep. :thumbsup:

3/16" is what it is with the cup being about twice the size. The fire that comes out of the vent is pretty spectacular.

Nuff said.

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Teleoceras said:
3/16" is what it is with the cup being about twice the size. The fire that comes out of the vent is pretty spectacular.

I'll bet! :haha: :thumbsup:

Back