• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone think this would look good on the front of a pietta navy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am considering dovetailing this into the muzzle to correct my windage.

Brs_Fronts_1.jpg

Too much flash? Just the right amount? Maybe i should go with something plain and indistinct?
I am toying with whether it will add flare to the gun without distracting your eye from it...

Maybe without the knurling or just a similar piece at least, solid brass blade and base. My thought is that the side profile of that brass dovetail when finished will give the pistol a sharp image.

Looks great to me, as long as the dovetail isnt too thick, for a .36 I'm sure there would be enough barrel thickness, maybe .44 might be to thin though. Go for it.

Looks good to me. And gives ya plenty of material to file it to point of aim.

I suppose if it looks gaudy, i can always order a plain sight...once I've cut in a standard dovetail, its just a matter of taking out one and putting in the other...

Am looking forward to fixing my windage after replacing the hammer i had wore out 🤣...really starting to miss getting out and shooting this thing:

It is a square blade type sight, used bye target shooters, when I competed with the un-mentionable wheel guns it was a great improvement over the stock front sight on the revolvers for PPC and IDPA matches.

That sight looks like would be easy to see but I’d be a bit concerned about the sharpness cutting a holster and perhaps my hand.

That sight looks like would be easy to see but I’d be a bit concerned about the sharpness cutting a holster and perhaps my hand.

Well, with a little file work...i mean i may not get this particular sight. It is just the solid brass that i am considering...i know that brass base would look pretty dovetailed into the black surface of the barrel. Not sure about the blade and the view from other angles...

I had a pietta navy barrel shortened and the exact same sight as on the right in your first post installed. Loved that little gun. One of many I regret parting ways with.

I have always used the term Patridge (name of the inventor) not Partridge.

A patride sight is undercutat an angle so that the edge facing you is in shadow. Clearer sight picture, no good in a holster as it snags too easily.

Patridge sight.jpg

Am considering dovetailing this into the muzzle to correct my windage.

View attachment 105379,

Too much flash? Just the right amount? Maybe i should go with something plain and indistinct?
I am toying with whether it will add flare to the gun without distracting your eye from it...
The sights in post #1 & #13 will NOT work on your revolver because you can NOT mill the dovetail deep enough for the flat bottom of the blade to sit on the barrel without milling too close to the bore. Go to Track of the Wolf, Gun Parts, Front sights-blade. Look at FS-CA-1B (brass) & FS-CA-1I (steel). These sights will allow you to mill the dovetail shallower, about .070" is all you need, and not have the unsightly gap between your barrel & the bottom of the blade. They look period & are the same that I've seen on target revolvers re-barreled by Hoyt & others. TOTW gives recommendations on milling depth for these & they can be put on some pretty thin barrels. I put the brass one on my Rogers & Spencer & got the steel one I can blue later if I want to change. They are less than $10 apiece.

Back