• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Artax firearms, anybody?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This just popped up on my inbox from Henry Krank here in Yorkshire - since I'm a many-year customer, I guess. Look nice, I have to say, especially the Jaeger....

If you want to get your hands on a muzzle loader that shoots as every bit as good as it looks, then look no further than these fantastic Artax Rifles & Shotguns.

Artax meticulously produces a range of historical reproductions of classic Flintlock & Percussion muzzle loading guns, and we currently have a brilliant range in stock.

Made with European shooters and shorter shooting ranges in mind, Artax’s series of rifles are made to excel at closer range (less than 200m) shooting, and are the choice for competition shooters across Europe.

View our range of Artax guns below.​
Artax Muzzle Loaders​
Artax Studemeier Flintlock Muzzle Loading Rifle .54cal​
Based on early English flintlock rifle designs, the Studemeier takes the best of these early features, such as a saw handled grip for comfort, a lined vent for superior ignition and a double set trigger for the most accurate shot. With a heavy 32’’ octagonal barrel, mounted with front and rear dioptre sights, the Studemeier is an understated yet fantastically accurate target rifle.​
£1655.00​

Artax Rigby Percussion Muzzle Loading Rifle .45cal​
A superb replica of one of the best target rifles, from one of the best makers, in history. Ideal for 100m shooting, but will excel in distances far beyond this. Made for solid rested shooting, with a heavy round 34 ½’’ barrel, and fitted with Creedmoor style rear sight and a tunnel foresight for shot on shot precision.​
£1780.00​

Artax Jager Flintlock Muzzle Loading Rifle .54cal​
A reproduction of the famous German hunting rifles, and a direct predecessor of the American Pennsylvania style rifles, this kind of rifle was the embryo for all other serious target and hunting rifles that followed. With heavy sighted 31 1/3’’ barrel, fitted with notch and blade sights and fully stocked in walnut, this rifle is accurate and attractive.​
£1810.00​

Artax Cantonale Percussion Muzzle Loading Rifle .45cal​
Originally produced by Swiss gunmaker A. Duvoisin, this rifle is the ultimate expression of 50m shooting. Made for short range target use, this rifle is a phenomenally accurate target rifle. With heavy walnut stock and deep shoulder hooks, this is a sturdy European style target rifle.​
£1655.00​

Artax Manton Flintlock Muzzle Loading Shotgun 12g​
Manufactured by Artax. Colour case hardened lock, trigger guard and butt-plate. 82cm (32 1/4) barrel. Walnut stock, chequered at grip and forend.​
£545.00​
If you find an Artax Muzzle Loader that you like, please either call us on 0113 256 9163 or email us at [email protected] with your requirements. We are happy to reserve a gun pending variation, or ship to an RFD of your choice. You can also call to reserve and collect in store.​

Today's exchange rate is $1.33 - you do the math

Had the shotgun in flint for a few years. It was very reliable and very light.
IMG_20181026_161323309.jpg

There's not enough demand for muzzleloaders, particularly traditional ones, that any company could mass produce them at low cost. Prices seem ok for what they are and the niche market that they're in...and I think they look pretty good even though they're not a more common style.

Looked up the company and it seems they're not primarily a manufacturer, but more a distributor or reseller for Pedersoli and a couple Spanish makers. Wonder if they're restocking the Pedersoli Gibbs to make the studemeier and Rigby...

This just popped up on my inbox from Henry Krank here in Yorkshire - since I'm a many-year customer, I guess. Look nice, I have to say, especially the Jaeger....

If you want to get your hands on a muzzle loader that shoots as every bit as good as it looks, then look no further than these fantastic Artax Rifles & Shotguns.

Artax meticulously produces a range of historical reproductions of classic Flintlock & Percussion muzzle loading guns, and we currently have a brilliant range in stock.

Made with European shooters and shorter shooting ranges in mind, Artax’s series of rifles are made to excel at closer range (less than 200m) shooting, and are the choice for competition shooters across Europe.

View our range of Artax guns below.​
Artax Muzzle Loaders​
Artax Studemeier Flintlock Muzzle Loading Rifle .54cal​
Based on early English flintlock rifle designs, the Studemeier takes the best of these early features, such as a saw handled grip for comfort, a lined vent for superior ignition and a double set trigger for the most accurate shot. With a heavy 32’’ octagonal barrel, mounted with front and rear dioptre sights, the Studemeier is an understated yet fantastically accurate target rifle.​
£1655.00​

Artax Rigby Percussion Muzzle Loading Rifle .45cal​
A superb replica of one of the best target rifles, from one of the best makers, in history. Ideal for 100m shooting, but will excel in distances far beyond this. Made for solid rested shooting, with a heavy round 34 ½’’ barrel, and fitted with Creedmoor style rear sight and a tunnel foresight for shot on shot precision.​
£1780.00​

Artax Jager Flintlock Muzzle Loading Rifle .54cal​
A reproduction of the famous German hunting rifles, and a direct predecessor of the American Pennsylvania style rifles, this kind of rifle was the embryo for all other serious target and hunting rifles that followed. With heavy sighted 31 1/3’’ barrel, fitted with notch and blade sights and fully stocked in walnut, this rifle is accurate and attractive.​
£1810.00​

Artax Cantonale Percussion Muzzle Loading Rifle .45cal​
Originally produced by Swiss gunmaker A. Duvoisin, this rifle is the ultimate expression of 50m shooting. Made for short range target use, this rifle is a phenomenally accurate target rifle. With heavy walnut stock and deep shoulder hooks, this is a sturdy European style target rifle.​
£1655.00​

Artax Manton Flintlock Muzzle Loading Shotgun 12g​
Manufactured by Artax. Colour case hardened lock, trigger guard and butt-plate. 82cm (32 1/4) barrel. Walnut stock, chequered at grip and forend.​
£545.00​
If you find an Artax Muzzle Loader that you like, please either call us on 0113 256 9163 or email us at [email protected] with your requirements. We are happy to reserve a gun pending variation, or ship to an RFD of your choice. You can also call to reserve and collect in store.​

Today's exchange rate is $1.33 - you do the math
Those are sharp looking for sure. On another subject does anyone know why Henry Krank does not ship anywhere else? I was looking for a product that I only found on their website but when I went to purchase it the only country (in the shipping) that was there in the drop down menu was the UK? Am I just doing something wrong???

Those are sharp looking for sure. On another subject does anyone know why Henry Krank does not ship anywhere else? I was looking for a product that I only found on their website but when I went to purchase it the only country (in the shipping) that was there in the drop down menu was the UK? Am I just doing something wrong???
Maybe call them ??

Back