• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

As the old saying goes....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a nice buck and a good looking gun rack, it probably is in the 130 range I would guess, it would be a wallhanger in these parts.Gotta love it!

Nice deer and story. Getting it mounted to. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think that is the effect of the fill flash on the camera. Much like the reflections you see in deer's eyes at night.

bramble

Pork Chop,

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that part of the story. You are right. More range time is needed, it wasn't the rifle's fault.

bramble

Well done, Bramble, Congratulations on a great buck, and thanks for sharing your story and post script! :thumbsup:

That will make a beautiful mount. The left antler is really interesting.

What's your guess on the age of that buck?

I'd guess five or six. He wasn't a youngster. It is definitely asymmetrical (it's a nine point, with a right side tine branching at the end) and at points the beams are quite thick, almost palmated. I'm still on cloud nine.

bramble

Back