• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Austin & Halleck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I searched the forum threads about the AH for curiosity and have something useful to say about them so here it is.

I won one NIB at a shoot. It is a 50 flinter 1:66 Utah built. Other than the thin wrist on the stock, it looked serviceable for my use and well finished. Was lining it out for my ML matches...and launched a lead ball over the berm...

What happened was the hammer assembly snapped off internally about in the middle. Gun fired unexpecting when this happened.

Here is the useful information. I was able to locate the spare parts! A new hammer assembly was shipped to me from the EU. Spain I think. Had to pay vat taxes etc. What I received was a raw assembly that needed bent and heat treated. A friend who has since passed was able to heat treat it and fit it for me. I think Traditions is who owns the spare parts. That happened about 10 years ago. Gun running fine now still. Bottom line is that I think the gun is assembled from Spanish parts. Have not research it lately, but when I did, Traditions was selling this exact same but called it something different.

My terminology is wrong. I'll dig the ML out of the safe and include a picture nest time it is out of the safe. Looked at a basic lock for descriptions. The little flipper is integrated into the cock. I called it a hammer. The little flipper is struck by the internal trigger part and trips the sear. It is built into the cock and extends thru into the back side of the lock. It was a bear to fit and would have been almost impossible for us without the old part for the copying the geometry.

When I watched the fitting of the new part. We both felt that at least on the AH, the tolerances were tight, and we felt that they had to be hand fit individually. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Sorry for the confusion. It was this sear that broke in half. We did not get the perfect bend on it but the painted epoxy build up has been holding. The ML was new, old stuff never fired in the box. My memory sometimes fails me a bit. Somewhere I have the receipt for the part. If I happen to find it, I'll post the address it came from.
0.jpg

I Remember when Traditions was offering them for sale, they even advertised what they were and that there was a limited number of them. Slightly different style than the CVA Mountain Rifle and the newer Ardessa/Traditions offering but very similar.

I currently have a percussion old style rifle. It is extremely pretty and barely used. Would anyone know how much it would be worth, with all of the possibles as well? I doubt I will ever use it again, so probably need to sell it.

Thanks,
[email protected]
Colorado

Xplor, you probably need to start a new thread with pictures and descriptions to get anything close to a value. Also, we aren’t appraisers here but may be able to give general guesstimate.

They went out of business because the taxes on the manufacturing went through the roof to get an woos stock compared to and nonwood stock the taxes were passed directly on to.the consumer which put the product at the very high end of the price range

Latest posts

Back