• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Automatic Transmission Fluid type FA?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a 50/50 mix of ATF type 3 with deoderized K1 kerosene. You don't need much and it's the best stuff I've used. I just wipe the bore really good with a flannel patch and commence to shooting. Never had a problem with it.

True enough! They seem to make wood spongy. Type F hasn't had this effect in the years I've used it. I wouldn't use any other type just to experiment, however. Too much at stake.

Using type F is in the cleaning instructions that come from TVM.

Quote "Apply the Type F Transmission Fluid" to all outside surfaces (wood and metal) but not inside the barrel or back of lock."

I haven't used it so I have no opinion.

Mike

Latest posts

Back