• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Autumn, my laminated TC Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddly

40 Cal
Reaction score
Got a TC aperture sight mounted and she drew her first blood back in October. 2 doe an hour apart to the minute. First at 75 yards. The second 100. Not guessed, but on my rangefinder.
Can't be happier with this rifle! Accurate and reliable. I'm SO glad I took a chance on her last December!
All I can say about the load is the charge was 70 grains of 3f Swiss. I've yet to have a rifle not love that charge. 100 shots a pound is also VERY nice...

Attachments

• 20201019_111753.jpg
    20201019_111753.jpg
    181.6 KB
  • 20200718_105637.jpg
    20200718_105637.jpg
    168.6 KB
Thanks all. She caught my eye last December. The 13th of December. Friday. The 13th of December...
Heh heh heh...
She's done me good. She was made sometime in the '80's and was unfired when I got her. The TC aperture was the final touch. She's ACCURATE and reliable. When I'm feeling the need to go old school, or just want something different, I pick up my TC unicorn.
Named her " Autumn" because the colors in her laminate remind me of the fallen leaves.

It is a factory stock. I am told there were 8 made as production prototypes.
Some say there was a run of 2000 made. Both are difficult to confirm due to the records lost in the fire.
I did speak to a former TC gunsmith, who said he only ever saw one of these.
In any event, these are the rarest, non Fox Ridge, TC Hawkens. Sooo happy I have mine.
Not a patch ball. I can't mention the projectile here. But the ONLY powder she tastes is Swiss Holy Black. 3f to be precise.I have some 400 grain Lyman cast that I'm anxious to try. Those soda cans ought to make a HOLE.

Back