• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Back in October

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
something magical about being in the woods with a flintlock? think it makes the meat taste better too after it is peppered with a little black powder? :grin:

I took 3 other deer this year with modern center fire rifles but this one meant the most to me. Not anything special that I did or could brag about just because it was with a form of firearm that is enjoyable to learn more about and hunt with. Hope to get better at it. My load was 90grs. 3F Goex .530 cast round ball drill cloth patch using Bore Butter lube. Dan.

Congratulations on the deer and fine looking rifle.
I know just what you mean. Taking game with a flintlock you've made is special!

Congrats on the doe! Also, that is a beautiful finish on the rifle you built. If you don't mind, what did you use? Stain, AF, etc?

The stain was Laurel Mt. Lancaster Maple couple of coats followed with Birchwood Casey's walnut 2 coats. Sealed with Perma sealer then several coats of Wahkon Bay's Tru Coat. Dan.

Latest posts

Back