• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Back to Black

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmdrted

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy all from Avondale PA.
I shot cap and ball @ 30 years ago and did local chapter nssa re-enactments while I was in college during the early 80s. I didn't have a longarm, just a brace of Walkers and Lyman 1860 and Remington 1858 44s, so they made me the standard bearer. I shot those cap and balls and actually neglected my 1911 and other various smokeless guns for a couple years. Long story short at my local range there is a monthly blackpowder club meet and shoot and when I smelled the smell of black in the morning I moseyed on over and damn if the bug didn't return. I bought a new Remmy umberti and just got a Lyman GPR 50 today. Now I have a long arm. I've read jsut about all the topics here and can't wait to be an interactive member.

Hi there. It didn't take much to bring you back n the fold! Good you are here, congratulations on your new guns.

cmdrted,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have
you with us. Lots of PA folks around
here. Hope you will visit often and
contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Welcome to the Best Muzzleloading 4 RUM
on the net! You r gonna love that GPR !!!
LET US KNOW HOW SHE SHOOTS FER YE !!!
Heck...we'r almost neighbors!

Latest posts

Back