• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

baking soda solution

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srottman

36 Cal.
Reaction score
After staining a stock with aqua fortis what is a good ratio or how much baking soda should be mixed with water to neutralized the acid. also what is the best way to apply it?

use tap water, as hot as it will come. then give it as much soda as it will take. i had 'sludge' in the bottoom of my cup.

i used a cheap 1 3/4" paint brush, then a rag and ended up dumping it on, even rubbed some of the paste on there.....anything goes...just get it on.

I make a thick paste and apply it with my hands or a rag. A little gentle rubbing will help remove any loose rust as the Baking soda is slightly abrasive. Let sit for a bit and remove with hot tap water.

Latest posts

Back