• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Balkan made Flintlock Pistol Project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ALL. Doing some more thinning of the herd.

PISTOL: What's commonly known in collectors circles as an Ottoman Kubur (horse) Pistol. Likely made at one of the many small gun shops in the Balkans. Probably sometime in the first half of the 1800's.
Sometime (probably 20th Century) someone decided to make the pistol into what they thought was more "decorative". LOL But, I believe, as-is this pistol could be turned into a decent shooter without too much work and expense. All iron parts have been blued. Stock was refinished with a coat of shinny shellac. A piece of wood was missing on the left side of the barrel tang, but was professionally restored. There is a small bit of wood missing at the rear of the lock area. Wire inlay on the stock and engraving on the breech area of the barrel, trigger guard, and side plate. One lock screw missing. The mainspring and screw are missing. Not broke, just missing. Guess someone wanted to make this pistol into a "safe" decorator. LOL Strangely enough, the bore is dirty, but in decent condition. I can see the face of the breech plug. No real rust/corrosion that I can tell. Anyway, it is what it is. I would have made a shooter with this one. But already have two more finished in shooting condition.
NOTE: This is NOT a tourist pistol. As others that know me here on the Forum, I know the difference. Anyway, lots of photos so you get a good idea of what you will be receiving. Price: $175.00 - shipped to the lower 48-states. Sorry, not interested in trades. Feel free to request more information. The barrel is 10.5" and about .64 caliber. Thanks for looking.

Rick

DSC03347 (Medium).JPG
DSC03330 (Medium).JPG
DSC03331 (Medium).JPG
DSC03332 (Medium).JPG
DSC03333 (Medium).JPG
DSC03334 (Medium).JPG
DSC03335 (Medium).JPG
DSC03336 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Back