• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ball molds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate, wheres he located ?
Blackpool UK tell him what you need its in pounds & at first I thought there dear. But while my first weeks work netted me under 3 pounds & 12 pound a week was a mans good wage .inflation has renderered a Pound only buying what a Shilling once bought . The 'Sticker Shock' but my last UK work was 14 pounds an hour. So what was a 3 pounds mould seems much more today but its only the same ratio of income versus costs & on that basis many items are now cheaper than the days when 5 pounds was my next wage increase a pound of Curtis & Harveys number 4 or 6 cost 7/6 pence .a pound of shot 2/6 pence . now it seems like telephone numbers but it' s much the same in real terms . I still bought 12 pounds percussion pistols , any powder flask ran 3 pound (My Enfield was a whole 8 pounds a farm lad sold it me & he bought a Motor bike ) most double ML shotguns ran 8 pounds & I was offered Dragoon pistols at 3 pounds .A loaf of bread a pint of milk & best bitter at 1& a penny Mild was 11 pence those day are gone I remember the Farthings 4 to a penny but you could still get sweets or a Locust Chew or Lickorice root chew with them.. later you might get 5 /- for a days potato picking I did & bought a shot flask & a grotty but restorable singe percussion gun Though the Boy insisted it was a 'Martin Henry .' Those where the days still got the shot flask still got the 12 pounds pistol..
Cheers Rudyard

Back