• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ballistol Patch Lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runner you are the one who argues with everyone over patch lubes. If you make your self the expert than you should want to answer the questions.

As I said,I don't use Ballistol as a patch lube. I know others who do use it as a lube. I have never heard of it catching any thing on fire. You seem to get up set anytime you are questioned on a statement. This is a good product used as it is intended to be used.

:hmm: :thumbsup:

Redwing, you are the one telling people what is and is not in it, without knowing the first thing about the product. Without testing it. Without a clue one. I don't care what folks use unless they are hunting lower on the ridge I am on. Fires here go from smouldering leaves to fireballs flying uphill thru the air sucking leaves off the ground up into them in about 100 feet uphill. It doesn't even need wind because the uphill sides of the ridges create their own draft. I was standing with a garden hose trying to save someones trailer house when one hit the trailer and a cedar at the end of it. The cedar looked like it had been hit by a starwars weapon, the skirting on the trailer was knocked down, the windows knocked out of that room, and within seconds it was on fire. Things are different in different places. I live in steep wooded ridge country. I can look out of my back yard at the arch 40 miles away on a clear day. Using ballistol dry patches here should be criminal.
I tell the tested truth about the product, and I don't care what you use. The ballistol dry patch system is not suitable for hunting here because it can start fires! If you want to use it, go ahead. If you want to argue it, do a little homework first. I did mine.
Ballistol is a very good patch lube for target work on a range where a smouldering patch will not be a problem blown six inches into a dry leaf bed. Of the lubes normally discussed, it would be my first choice for storage and protection if I used a patch lube for that. You can clean your gun with it or the Moose milk type lubes and that is pretty nice also. If you spritz it on fresh patch material as you shoot, it can produce very good accuracy. It isn't worth a hoot that way for hunting because the moisture infiltrates the powder when it sits for a long time. There are easily a dozen commercial patch lubes that will group with it and that do as good a job as Ballistol. A couple of them I have been using for 30 years. I have never seen a smouldering patch with them. I started three potential forest fires with ballistol dry patches.
So as I said before, buy some, test it yourself. You can't argue the facts because you have none at this time. You can't argue results because you don't know any. You can't offer any info in this duiscussion because you have none. So far you have done nothing but offer insults, absolutely wrong info, and BS in this discussion. Please forgive me for treating it as such!

Yea right like I said you are an expert on every thing that is good we need experts. As a flat lander you have never seen a real forest fire any way. I have never seen any thing with your test results marked on it. Or is that Good House Keeping Seal Yours, the way you rave it could be. :rotf:

My last post on this silly thing. :shake:

Latest posts

Back