• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ballistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul f

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience using Ballistol as the
"one product that does everything"- cleaner, patch lube and metal preservative? The claim is made that diluting with water produces a fine cleaner and patch lube with undiluted used after clean-up to preserve the barrel. I have not used dry patches and was wondering how do you get them lubed enough without ending up with a mess. Half the fun of this hobby is all the tinkering!

Paul: Note the replices above to my question about cleaning. couple of answers indicated ballistol is great stuff. I'm sure going to try it, as soon as I can find it. graybeard.

Paul: Note the replices above to my question about cleaning. couple of answers indicated ballistol is great stuff. I'm sure going to try it, as soon as I can find it. graybeard.

My only claim is that it does stop rust, and is a good lubricant. I use it sparingly as a lube, and do not like the diluted version as well as the full strength. I dont lube my patches with it, but I do use a liquid lube. To keep from making a mess I squirt a couple of drops on the patch and rub it with my fingers and then put it in a small metal box in my pouch. I find that a dab of spit added at loading really makes the balls go down easily.

Latest posts

Back