• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

bare ball 12ga best shoting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leatherbark said:
I have experienced the same thing before. I believe the wad acts like a sabot and the ball centers itself into the wad upon firing. The wad then pushes the ball out of the bore without the barrel affecting the balls flight. Problem is it aint consistant accuracy. Goes south for some reason upsetting my new discovery and I go back to the patch.

Bob
same just happened to me.all was good the last three times out.( i told all my friends) THEN.....wild shots 4" out of the groups the last two sessions.Nothing changed in components or load technique.Bore looked fine no leading or weirdness.Oh well "back to the patch" as you said.
George

Back