• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barely

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapPopper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Got one last 10 mins of light last day of primitive and barely hit him...... Not a shot to write home about but he dropped and never got up. Should be mighty tasty it's just a shame I hit the strap.....
20210105_173333.jpg

Ohio, by any chance? This is the first year in over 30 that I haven't toted out the muzzleloader for any of these 4 days. Foot is still on the mend after an accident in September. Lost the whole deer season, but glad to see others have success and make smoke.

Ohio, by any chance? This is the first year in over 30 that I haven't toted out the muzzleloader for any of these 4 days. Foot is still on the mend after an accident in September. Lost the whole deer season, but glad to see others have success and make smoke.

Yup ross county here. Just got to clean the rifle now got started but had to do something else. Pretty sure it was a bad shot cause I had a slight (very very slight) hangfire..... I remember the cap popping and usually there is not enough separation between the cap and it firing to even notice the cap..... I think the fact I remember seeing the cap go probably says everything about the shot..... No one's a sniper all the time....

On a slightly more positive note I just finished that hunting bag today..... Its the first one I've ever made and it went on a successful hunt. Maybe there's some luck in those stitches.

If you hunt long enough, you're going to make a bad shot sooner or later. Dropping them in their tracks is the easiest track job you'll ever have. Congratulations!
And only 30 yards off the trail lol managed to get my iron pony named jeep right down to it

Shucks, where's the challenge in that!?!
Never had a four wheeler and some of the state behind dad is over 2 miles and down a big ol hill....... Drug a bunch out of there so I'll take the easy ones when I can get them lol

Yup ross county here.

Beautiful county. I've enjoyed a number of trips in that area for various reasons. Years ago my young son and I camped at Pine Lake to see if the local farmers were having trouble with groundhogs. No, it was coyotes that bothered them so we helped out one particular land owner with a calf killer on his back 100. Always wanted to go back and hunt that area again.

Beautiful county. I've enjoyed a number of trips in that area for various reasons. Years ago my young son and I camped at Pine Lake to see if the local farmers were having trouble with groundhogs. No, it was coyotes that bothered them so we helped out one particular land owner with a calf killer on his back 100. Always wanted to go back and hunt that area again.
If you do let me know I've got a few areas that could do with thinning of the yotes lol and a couple good spots for some deer

Back