• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Strange day at the range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like an average day out to me!
I dry balled my flinter twice in one session last week! Sometimes I wonder if muzzleloaders and my ADHD are at all compatible..

At the range I belong to there always and I mean always this Asian guy that makes YouTube videos with three cameras set up shooting semi auto pistols and making just a hell of a lot of noise and that’s about it, and he has been told he can’t go tying up the range with this kinda BS because other people want to shoot. There is always somthing when you just want to have a relaxing session at the range.

I just smile and say hi to the unfriendly guys, most of the time this melts their ice-cold exterior but then again, some people have the personality of a clod of dirt and can't be reached.

NO ONE is going to cause me to pack up and leave, I just pretend they don't exist and go about my business, after I all, I drove 50 miles to get there.

Sounds like one of my outings. I'm always good for forgetting something. Last week I took my patch worm out of my shooting box to take a picture for a fella, and of course I forgot to put it back, and of course I needed it (due to not bringing the correct size cleaning patch). I did remember I had one of those Co2 discharger deals in the bottom of the box, so at least I had that going for me. Ah well, still better than being at work or golfing.
I keep threatening to make a check list to back up my memory but admitting the obvious need is hard to except after assuming it not being useful for so long. Truth be known a check list was/is always a good idea no matter how good ones memory at any stage of life.

I keep threatening to make a check list to back up my memory but admitting the obvious need is hard to except after assuming it not being useful for so long. Truth be known a check list was/is always a good idea no matter how good ones memory at any stage of life.
I've made lists for the grocery store, and walked off without my list. (More than once). Some days all my cylinders are firing, some days not.

I just smile and say hi to the unfriendly guys, most of the time this melts their ice-cold exterior but then again, some people have the personality of a clod of dirt and can't be reached.

NO ONE is going to cause me to pack up and leave, I just pretend they don't exist and go about my business, after I all, I drove 50 miles to get there.
Durn Skippy!

This is why I joined a NMLRA Club to shoot. It's cheap and everyone makes a lot of smoke. Most of us own modern guns also but prefer black powder muzzleloaders. Bill

I have a good time at the range. I do usually tell the RSO that I’m shooting black powder, and request an end slot downwind of other shooters. There are sometimes guys there who talk to me, because they also have muzzleloaders. The worst part is that they had a guy somehow blow up his muzzleloader a year, or so ago, so sometimes an RSO who doesn’t know me will give me a lecture on muzzleloader safety.

Sounds like an average day out to me!
I dry balled my flinter twice in one session last week! Sometimes I wonder if muzzleloaders and my ADHD are at all compatible..
I saw at the range yesterday, guy pulling a ball of .32 cal.! They had a tool specifically for ball pulling, as the rifle was loaded & you couldn't have a person in front of the muzzle! They were prepared; all muzzleloaders will eventually double-load, forget the "black stuff" you pour down the barrel, etc. The were shooting at match sticks, feathers, marshmallows, clothespins, etc. One guy had a .45 long rifle that he got off Gun Broker; it had a 'ring' in the barrel, he called the seller up, and seller said, more of less, 'so what?'; did not disclose it beforehand. But he was and is shooting it, so I guess he's OK with it. I won't buy anything like that sight un-seen if not a new product. I saw one fellow have a flash-in-the pan and INSTANTLY move the muzzle in a bad direction; he should have waited a few seconds or MORE, because it could have gone off hang-fire!

I love a good list! Having everything I need written down saves me a lot of time by letting me lose the list and forget everything at once instead of having to forget them all piecemeal! 🤣
Jay

Back