• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

barrel mark

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggybuilder

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a T/C .50 Hawken barrel that has a "diamond" stamped on the bottom flat. What does that signify?
Are there other stamps that signify something else?
Thanks.

I was told recently that a heart shaped stamp means it is a Sharron barrel, a M inclosed in a circle is a Douglas barrel. The diamond is a stamp I had not heard of before.

I have heard that also. The marks on the bottom of the early barrels indicated the maker. But I can't get anyone to verify what each one means. Your description is the first I have heard for sure. I underseand Sharon, Douglas, and at least one or two others made barrels for TC in the early days. Now they make their own I believe. I have two or three, I think I have one with a spade, one with a diamond, have to go pull them to be sure. Do not have one with the M in a circle though.

Be nice to know for sure, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Back