• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA membership increase

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had not heard that. Needs double checking. I've been annual member many years, they just finished up their long slog to get 1,000 people to donate $1,000 so the One Million can be held, and the interest used for Club improvements, etc. Let's all double check (e-mail the NMLRA) to see if that's true, there are many who won't renew at that level.
Has anyone else heard NMLRA dues are going up to $90.00 a year?
e-mail NMLRA for confirmation or denial.

I heard the board voted on it last night. At that price I know a dozen people that won't renew. Also heard the number of vendors was down from the spring shoot. Half of the vendors stalles were closed at the spring shoot.

If true, they're going to lose many members like me, who just want the magazine and will never go to Indiana. To almost DOUBLE membership would be a mistake, and weaken the organization. They'd lose so many members that the increase would be negated. We just had the NRA almost tank, we don't need the NMLRA to tank, too.

It's a hour drive for me. The only match I shoot is the woodswalk. I have one friend that shoots trap and so does his two kids. For him between match fees, powder, and lead It's a 2k week for him.
USPSA/SCSA did the same thing our club is dropping them at the end of this season. We already have shooters that didn't renew last year.
Time will tell if this will make them profitable. The problem I see is if they lose too many members because of this can they get them back by dropping the cost of dues back down.

I was there first weekend. Vendors were down but the big ones were there that sell the majority of the goods. A year ago I had asked a vendor about the difference between the two shoots. It is probably a 60/40 maybe 65/35 volume with majority to the spring shoot. The place looked great, weather threatened but blew over. Was a bit quieter shoot than the spring one this year. Food in the chow hall same great stuff.

So to me the fall shoot is smaller with smaller crowds so a few vendors do not invest in this shoot to attend. If it is your first time attending this is almost the better shoot. Folks can talk more, help more, guide more. It is just a bit more laid back with still all the benefits. Heck a custom builder who chooses to come to the spring but not the fall shoot, what did we miss? A conversation? They are there to show what they can do and get an order in their book. Thats ok but you missed a conversation maybe? They are a vendor but most likely you cannot walk away with anything.

Latest posts

Back