• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bear down

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grilling and stewing is basically what we do with, if cooked wrong it's not very good. But the past bears I've given the hides to people that wanted to tan them and I'd keep the claws.. I'll have this one tanned being its kinda special I got it with my flint. Thanks for all the kind words all

Yes the farm I hunt on had really poor berry crop this year, lots of bear coming to bait. Unlike last year was really hard hunting

I think that is a great way to hunt bear. Might put that on the to-do list. Has anyone made sausages from bear fat and venison. I've added chicken fat or pork fat before, just wondering if bear fat might make them extra tasty?

AGREED. DENSER than VEAL but similar to good VENISON, imVho.

I prefer my bear after several hours in my crockpots, with potatoes, onions, pepper & garlic.

Also makes GREAT stew.

yours, satx

Back