• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

bear hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzon

32 Cal.
Reaction score
just were could a guy from the midwest go to get a good first time black bear hunt. my son and i are willing to learn. just can't take off to cal,ak.ma. or canada. not many bear here.

You don't indicate where you live, so you have not provided us much help. In the Midwest, probably the most bears can be found in Minnesota, Wisconsin( Northern) and Northern Michigan. Montana and Idaho and Washington have fair bear populations, too. Each state sets its own rules on how many, if any Non-resident permits are issued each year for hunting individual Big Game species. Any hunt begins with contacting Game Departments in your targeted states, to find out the rules and regulations requirements. Then, you want to at least talk to outfitters and guides about the areas where they work. Maybe you are equipped to do your own work, and can take off enough time to scout the areas to improve your chances in locating bear. Most can not. Hiring a competent guide may be expensive, but may also be worth the money spent.

A list of Guides and a rating service is provided by the North American Hunting Club which may also prove helpful to you. Some state game departments also provide lists of licensed guides and outfitters, but no rating service about them.

thanks from indiana.just starting to get info. northern michigain is looking good.looking for a good reliabal guide serivice.heard of N.A.H CLUB, i am not a member

Back